Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Klaus Your Actions Proved My Point For Me --- Thanks!

Klaus the very fact that you spent even $250 on wire PROVES that you hear differences in wires and are willing to pay, up to a point ($250 apparently) for the sonic advantages one type wire has over another!

That's all I've ever said... There are differences in how wires "sound" in audio systems. At what point ($50-$100-$250-$500-$1000-$5000 etc) one ceases to hear an improvement that justifies the cost is up to each individual to make.

Klaus "IF" you honestly believed... When interconnects are kept to 3FT & speaker wire is kept to 10FT, provided the wires are of a suitable gauge and all components are functioning properly, the differences are inaudible. You wouldn't have needed to spend even $250 on wire.

The fact that you spent $250 on using good quality microphone cable for the analog connections (balanced and unbalanced) and good quality digital wire (same brand) for the digital connections, instead of using Rat Shack interconnects & digital wire proves my point for me perfectly.

Thanks, Thetubeguy1954

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Michael Percy Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.