Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Re: Then E-Stat you must be the monkey in the middle

I want to be like E-Stat! Music always sounds better when I close/cover my eyes!

Truth is Soundmind many of us once thought the same way you do. I remember when I thought a Citation 11 was all I needed. Then one day it dawned on me that it's a fools game, not to believe what I heard, and I heard better!

Fortunately for me, unlike you I didn't believe no matter what I bought, in the end I'd be no more satisfied with it than what I already had. I was more satisfied with each piece I bought. I kept getting closer and closer to the wonderful music the way it was meant to heard. I've now reached the point where I don't want a newer or better amp, the Mastersound is good enough for me. It the same way with the BlueNote Stibbert and my RCA LC9As. These are all final purchases for me. Is there better, yep! Can I afford them, nope! Do I care, not in the slightest.

I'm so glad I didn't take your route and start solving my own problems for myself. I know that just because I can meet a lot of these guys and realize perhaps they are no more clever than I am. That doesn't mean I can do what they do! I also know I, like you, I would have probably convinced myself the Citation is "good enough."

Case in point: I met a computer nerd who could barely hold a conversation with me. I'm IMHO definitely a lot smarter than this man, yet when it comes to designing, building and maintaining an extremely secure network system, he leaves me in the dust!

Just because you feel you know more than John Curl and some others on specific topics doesn't mean you can design a preamp like he does. The very fact that you listn through a BSR and Citation equalizer speaks volumes about your abilities to discern what real music sounds like. You may be smart but you have a lot to learn.

Thetubeguy1954

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.