Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Re: Can You Hear At All?

Well AJinFLA as you started your post with this incredibly original comeback "TG54 - For all I know you could be the proud owner of a solidstate all-in-one Emerson rack system." I'd like to inform you, that all you had to do was look in Inmates Systems to see what my system consists of. This was something I couldn't do with your system.

I'm a minimalist at heart and try to keep components/wires as simple as I can. So my system consists of a BlueNote Stibbert CDP as a source. This is connected via Z-Squared Au/Au interconnects to a Mastersound Reference 845 integrated amp. The amp is then connected to Aliante Pinafarina One speakers via Nordost BlueHeaven speakerwire and both components receive their power through Stealth Audio M-21 Super powercords.

As I am looking for efficiency that's higher than the Aliantes and at the same time desiring more bass, I'm refinishing the RCA LC9A's in the photo you see. I was lucky enough to find and purchase one of only 100-300 of these ever made!

I always value honesty (even in the middle of a disagreement) so I have to admit I've heard good things about about the DIY Orion speakers. I even considered making a pair but the 6 channels of amplification turned me off. IMHO too many wires and other components! However it's equally as valid an approach as the one I've taken. It's just not the one I'd take.

AJinFLA it's ok to disagree, what's NOT OK if for people like yourself to spout your audio ideas as if they're set in stone facts and anyone who disagree with them must be using "wacko" wire or poorly designed components.

Why can't you just admit the other person has an equally valid approach to replicating music, but it's just not for you? It appears you'd rather act like many Objectivists do, i.e. insult the choices & disparaging the components of those who disagree with your choices & beliefs!

I think Steve Eddy explained how I feel objectivists should act when he responded to this question I asked him....

Q) So how do you justify making an expensive wire that cannot reliably be proven to have actual audible difference?

A) Because for me, at the end of the day when I'm enjoying music being reproduced on an audio system, I don't care. In that realm, I'm a holistic, hedonist subjectivist and I pursue that which gives me the most pleasure, regardless of what the reasons might be.

THAT'S what audio is about enjoying music. We can disagree, that's ok as well. I just don't understand why so many here need to insult the choices & disparage the components of those who disagree with their choices.

Thetubeguy1954

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  The Cable Cooker  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.