Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Re: If you honestly wanted to know,you could have read the Audioholics cable articles

Hello Jon,

I appreciate your lesson in wire economics. I hear differences in wires and have no problem with what some wires cost. At the same time I find it hard to personally see myself buying $5K - $10K speakerwires, interconnects etc.

Because I hear differences I own decent wires, my interconnect, Z-Squared Au/Au (a gold/silver/copper alloy that's 24K gold plated) lists for $1.1K, but I didn't pay that! My speakerwire, Nordost BlueHeaven lists for $800 I believe and my power cords are Stealth Audio M-21Supers @ $1K ea.

The point I was trying to make (perhaps poorly) was if a manufactuer cannot provide a reasonable explination of why his wires "sound" better and are WORTH X amount of dollars.

Then in the eyes of the consumer he's paying X amount of dollars for just a piece of wire, dielectric and a jacket. So why should he spend X, when he could just go and buy Home Depot's wire much cheaper?

I obviously believe that quality wires are worth the investment, by what I've purchased.

Thetubeguy1954

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.