Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Objectivists base statements on objective data -- beliefs are for losers

Objective tests provide data about whether generic types of components can sound different.

But so far no audiophile has yet demonstrated to witnesses that he can hear differences among wires (3 foot interconnects and 10 foot speaker wires) with the wires hidden and both wires playing music at the same volume.

Any conclusion that wires of these lengths sound different is merely an unproven belief.

Any belief may be wrong because it was not based on controlled listening tests ... or even DIY single-blind experiments ... that would offer reasonable proof "the believer" can really hear what he claims to hear.

"I know what I hear" is very unreliable when brand names are known and/or two components or wires play music at different volumes

I don't know of any power cord blind tests.

Since replacement power cords are not directly in the "music circuit", I would guess they have no effect and were not worth buying (until some evidence becomes available to support a different guess).

It would take many independent tests of power cords to reach a useful conclusion about them.

Richard BassNut Greene
My Stereo is MUCH BETTER than Your Stereo

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.