Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

Do you see the irony, Fred?

You posting pointless remarks about posting pointless remarks?

The topic of discussion here is MQA and, in part, comparisons. I've pointed out that there have been valid comparisons which is something some people apparently do not know or want to ignore.

Your first comment to me was an attempt at a correction. You were wrong. In a normal conversation, you would say something along the lines of "I stand corrected". But that's not the way you work, I suppose.

The interesting, and relevant, piece of information related to the fact that I've been covering MQA *for years* is MQA was first shown at CES 2015, followed by Munich the same year. It was at the Munich show where the only comparisons offered were between MQA and lossy files, as Charley has pointed out.

The problem I have here, on this forum, is people, like you, want to make statements about things they don't know the answer to. Instead of asking a question. So yes, many of my responses here are correcting inaccurate information as opposed to providing useful information.

My least favorite bits of misinformation relate to people guessing at other people's motives since, according to many comments here, most reviewers and Bob Stuart are always suspect while everyone else, who just so happen to participate here, are above reproach. This strikes me as hogwash but I can see the appeal (see Werner Herzog's "Even Dwarfs Started Small").

Then again, this is a forum and I'm really not a fan. You may ask, why am I here, and my answer is a lapse in judgement on my part.

All that to say, while you're wrong Fred, you're right.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.