Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

A brief summary

MQA is presented as an improvement in sound quality AND a reduction if file size/streaming. How it all works is beyond most, if not all, including me.
Some have produced critiques of how they think it works and pointed out possible/probable issues. Some have measured existing MQA equipment but I've seen no real conclusions beyond the usual subjective/objective arguments.

Manufacturers who create their own digital filtering are vocally against MQA because it competes directly with their unique selling point so take their opinions with appropriate seasoning.

I don't know what the overall reviewer consensus is, but it is clear that all the Stereophile reviewers are very positive. So if you are a subjectivist you'll see MQA as a good thing. If you are a conspiracist then you'll see press collusion.

And then there's Issak. 'Extremely adept' is not a phrase I associate with him after reading many of his posts, though 'ferret' may be more apt. He is dogged and has a real bee-in-his-bonnet over MQA. He accentuates any non-positive info he can find but he is so over-the-top and gives and takes offense too easily to be taken seriously.

13DoW

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.