Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

It's oh so easy to claim every component sounds different when you never have to prove it

Yes the great benefit to audio is for golden ears to compare two components playing at different volumes and then claim they sound different. What a surprise!

Another great benefit to audio is to claim that all components sound different when not one out of hundreds of brave audiophiles who have tested this belief over three decades was able to come close to validating the belief.

So tell audiophiles to trust their ears even though when audiophiles compare a component to itself (when thinking there are two different components being compared) they claim to hear differences 50% to 75% of the time when no differences are possible!

Let the audio fantasies continue -- attack all objective experiements when their results don't support pre-existing beliefs. It's all about the ego-building fantasy: "I know what I hear and I don't have to prove it to anyone else."
Richard BassNut Greene
My Stereo is MUCH BETTER than Your Stereo

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.