Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

If many audiophiles have trouble differentiating among components with brand names hidden ...

... then it seems very unlilkely that other audiophiles can easily differentiate among components playing at the same volumes when they know the brand names in use, a listening skill they claim to have.

There's no logical reason to expect that audiophiles who listen with brand names hidden can't hear as well as audiophiles who refuse to test their hearing skills ... and many good reasons to believe that audiophiles in general are biased toward reporting that any two components sound different and/or mistaking small SPL differences for meaningful sound quality differences.

I'm still seeking proof from any audiophile in the world that he possesses the skill to differentiate between two wires ... and I've been waiting for over three decades!

So far the best "proof" is TubeNut claiming he COULD hear wire differences if he tested himself, DEMANDING that I travel across the country to his home, where he would PROVE IT to me.

That's no better "proof" than the typical golden ear boast:
"I know what I hear".

Richard BassNut Greene
My Stereo is MUCH BETTER than Your Stereo

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.