Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Are You Really This Stupid?

No where did I say I was like Einstein! All I said was Einstein's quote of: "Not everything that can be counted counts, & not everything that counts can be counted." I would like to rephrase for audio as "Not everything that can be measured matters & not everything that matters can be measured."

Now as you are obviously too uneducated to know this allow me to inform you that counted could equal measured, in some circumstances. If we check Merriam Webster we'll see:

Entry Word: measure
Function: verb
Text: to find out the size, extent, or amount of for this experiment, you need to carefully measure all the chemicals before you mix them together
Synonyms gauge (also gage), scale, span
Related Words weigh; calibrate; lay off, mark (off); calculate, compute, figure, reckon, work out; conjecture, estimate, guess, judge, suppose; add up, sum, tally, total; ascertain, discover, dope (out), figure out, find out

RBG did you notice measure means to: Text: to find out the size, extent, or amount of? So could not one simply count the amount of marbles in a bag to know their true count or measure?

Next most everyone knows that what matters can be refered to as what counts, in that it is something that needs to be considered.

Now in that light it's easy to see how Einstein's quote of: "Not everything that can be counted counts, & not everything that counts can be counted." could be rephrased for the purpose of audio as "Not everything that can be measured matters & not everything that matters can be measured."

But then again we all know you don't really care about the truth you only want to look correct, even when you are wrong!

Thetubeguy1954

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.