Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Come & Be Astounded

andy19191,

You're problem and yes it is a problem is you honestly believe EVERYTHING can be measured. Thus your mistaken belief of "...if (thetubeguy) can hear the difference between two "normal" audio cables using "normal" stable audio equipment under blind conditions then this would be a unique achievement which will astound both science and myself."

You seem to forget that unlike you, I believe that just because we cannot measure a difference heard it doesn't automatically mean we are "fooling ourselves" or being influenced by "expecation bias" etc. I believe there are things happening, due to human perceptions being involved, that we don't know how to measure yet. Hell even Einstein (I slightly more intelligent man than you) said: "Not everything that can be counted counts, & not everything that counts can be counted." I like to rephrase that for audio as "Not everything that can be measured matters, & not everything that matters can be measured."

So perhaps if you opened the closed mind just a crack you wouldn't judge the chances of what I can do, before seeing a test performed! Your zero lack of interest, is quite typical of the Lunatic Fringe Objectivists here who don't want the truth, they want to be right (even when they aren't.)

Thetubeguy1954

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.