Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but everyone is not entitled to his own facts

Your ability to hear differences among wires under blind conditions is your opinion.

Whether that ability is a fact is open to debate.

If a fact, you would be the ONLY person in the world who has demonstrated to witnesses an ability to differentiate between two wires playing music at the same SPL under double-blind conditions.

Since you would be the only (public) member of this exclusive "WireNut with scientific proof Club", others are entitled to question your claims.

At first your claims were ONLY supported by boastful invitations to your home to demonstrate your claimed skills .. with absolutely NO mention of any prior blind test experience, much less positive results during blind tests.

Later you suddenly claimed to have had positive results during blind tests.

But even now, dozens of character attack posts later, you still have never provided ANY relevant blind test details, even such basics as what brand/model wires you compared, whether any A-B volume matching was done or even attempted or even how many A-B trials were done.

In fact, you've provided NO blind experiment design detail at all.

Last, but certainly not least, you've never mentioned the percentage of your A-B trials that had correct answers!

All we reslly know is you make claims about having exceptional hearing ability (the ability to differentiate among wires under blind conditions, when no one else in the world has proven that skill to witnesses) and you later claimed there were witnesses (you never mentioned witnesses in your earliest posts on the subject).

None of these alleged witnesses have ever revealed themselves, nor have your extraordinary hearing ability claims been documented in any audio club newsletter. I would think your claims, if real, would have deserved a front page article in an audio club newletter!

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof.

Or at least SOME proof ...
beyond "I know what I hear".

Richard BassNut Greene
My Stereo is MUCH BETTER than Your Stereo

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but everyone is not entitled to his own facts - Richard BassNut Greene 08:22:32 10/23/06 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.