Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Re: It YOU Who's Wrong AJ

TB54 - You have a lot of nerve coming off like I am trying to convert you into purchasing an SET amp or anything else you don't choose to use!

Purchasing? See how I quoted you above. Would you mind quoting exactly what I said instead of what I "tried" to say? If you haven't notice, I generally don't mince words.

TB54 - The reality of the situation in case you missed it, is I believe wires influence the sound of an audio system.

Once again, would you please quote me where I said there are no differences in wires or amps? On the contrary, I have said cables and amps *can* be made to sound quite different deliberately (to be sold to those who enjoy colorations) or inadvertently by things like poor speaker or component design.

TB - I prefer tubes to solidstate

Terrific, I prefer solid state to tubes.

TB54 - and I believe "some" of the tweaks being sold work.

Ok. So you are only partly illogical. Fractionally irrational. Great. Good job, its a start.

TB54 - I also don't personally care if you want to use pro-audio QSC amps, or HK solidstate amps on your DIY speakers. Why should I, I don't have to listen to it, THANK GOD!

Which one? The wires measure equal but sound different God? The Brass Feet Holy Spirit? The Analog Angels? The Fluoride Fairy? Thank who?

TB54 - So for you question "Why not just be happy?" How can I be happy about a man who responds to my statement of: I can detect when interconnects or speakerwire is changed in my system, with comments about my amp having "euphonic coloration of tubes" or implying my statement is like going see the image of the virgin mary on the side of that building, or I staying up late for Santa, rather than just addressing the comment I made! I find your behavior to be quite offensive, insulting & provoking in nature.

I meant "Why not just be happy" with your *systems sound*. If it pleases you, what the heck does it matter what statements I make. Stop letting self doubt creep in because of what I say.

TB54 - You deliberately provoke me and then when I offer you to come and witness my actually detecting the when interconnects or speakerwire is changed in my system which you feel is akin to see the Virgin Mary or Santa, you decline, go back to your insults & ask me "Why the overwhelming desire to spread "the truth" to the non-believers?" Why? because of your insulting, provokative statements! That's precisely why I offered to demonstrate to YOU my ability to hear what I say I hear.

Now, exactly how were you planning to demonstrate to *me* that *you* are hearing differences? Pray tell.

TB54 - Yet even after asking me Why not just be happy? You yet again provoke me by stating "BTW, on the odd chance that you hear a real, not imagined difference, replace or repair that faulty cable or component".

Provoke? I stand by that advice to anyone.

TB54 - So again I say AJinFLA YOU ARE A COWARD

Well, the truth is that I have a fear of clowns. And carneys. Those people really bother me.
OTOH angry, self doubting religious zealots don't scare me. It's more amusement than fear.

TB54 - who doesn't want to know the truth.

Yeah, that's why I stay away from chuch too.

TB54 - So you can come up with all the fake excuses you want, "euphonic coloration of tubes" I need to replace or repair a faulty cable or component, Mark Levenson amps are defective etc. In the end your just a scared, closed-mined man who's lost all credability in my eyes and I'm sure in many others eyes as well!

I don't need excuses to not go to church, go see people bend spoons, go see Mary on a building window, or go sit and "witness" someone believing to hear differences in wires that measure the same. I just don't have time for that crap. I have a happy, fulfilling life. I drink beer and watch football. I chase women. I listen to live music on the weekends. In other words, *better*, more constructive(to me) and enjoyable things to do with my time.
I'd suggest you do the same instead of foaming at the mouth over the enjoyment of *your* music system and proving hearing imagination.

TB54 - The real sad part is you're the only one who suffers for these actions for those ORIONS could sound so much better, with better amps and wires. But you could always borrow Soundminds BSR equalizer and IIRC HK Citation 11 preamp. Then you'd really have an Lunatic Fringe Objectivist dream system!

Have you written Linkwitz with these wonderful suggestions? I'm sure he'd love hear such brilliant ideas. Him and that Geddes fellow just can't seem to figure this stuff out themselves. Too ignorant I imagine.

TB54 - FYI I haven't ordered the Threaded Mega Feet for the Pioneer yet, because the Pioneer, like your QSC & HK amp, isn't of sufficient quality to merit such an upgrade!

Shame. It doesn't seem to suggest that prerequisite in the ad.
"The Megas' are ridiculously big and they cost a lot—though much less than exotic rollers, magnetic suspensions or air suspensions. But the improvement in bass, midrange and treble over any of the famous mountings is not subtle."
Perhaps you could write the good Doctor to have this remedied.
I wonder if it's like Voodoo, where it only affects certain minds?

TB54 - Finally "IF" you really want me to be happy stop acting like a child by insulting me and my equipment (which you've never heard so you have no idea what level of "euphonic coloration of tubes" it does or doesn't have) and actually address the comments I make like an adult would. No one says you have to agree with them, but at least let them be what you comment on. Not all this other crap and then wonder why I respond like I do to you!

I do want you to be happy. Take a few, slow deep breaths. I can't imagine how someone so sure of how good their rig sounds could be so insulted by mere words. My words can't change the sound right? Are you starting to wonder just slightly what a powerful, dynamic driver open baffle speaker might do to your system instead of Norse God wires, brass feet and other such rubbish? I don't :-).

TB54 - The threshold for proving something is higher than the threshold for denying it, which is a recipe for the accumulation of AJinFLA's Lunatic Fringe Objectivist bullshit! -- TS

Thetubeguy1954

You're no Softky. That's for sure :-).

cheers,

AJ

The threshold for disproving something is higher than the threshold for saying it, which is a recipe for the accumulation of bullshit - Softky

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.