Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Re: And how are we suffering?

>Are we suffering because we bought solid state amps with minimal distortion instead of your wretched 10% distortion favorites?<

Of course! Why would you even want solid state when there are 10% distortion favorites out there???

>Does my system suffer because I put more money into the speakers than in the speaker wire?<

As any audiophile worth their salt will tell you, you must spend MORE money as you go downstream. So if you own $5000 speakers, your speaker wire must be at least $6000 with your amp at $7000, $7500 for the amp-to-preamp cable, $8000 for your preamp and $10,000 for the CDP. You MIGHT be able to get by with the same $7500 interconnect between preamp and CDP. I'll check the official Audiophile Rules of Engagement book and get back to you.

>Are we suffering for putting money into the things that count, including more music, instead of useless tweaks?<

Oh, come on! Useless tweaks are WAY more important than music! I sold all my music to buy more useless tweaks. So even though I haven't been able to play anything through it, my system sounds WAY better than yours!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: And how are we suffering? - kerr 08:56:58 10/24/06 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.