Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Quotes From Mapleshade's Mailed Cataloge

Clifff and anyone else whose interested, here are some quotes taken directly from Mapleshades (FALL 06) cataloge they mail out...

PG 25 "At every step from my studio mikes to your home speakers, there are a maddening number of factors that degrade good sound (and good music). On the recording front, that's forced me to research everything from making pianos sound better to designing better mikes, better CABLING (emphasis added), and better vibration-controlling mounts for my gear."

PG 27 "NEVER use speaker cables shorter than 8'. Amazingly, 4' sounds much worse than 8'. Contrary to common belief, shorter interconnects (2m or less) and longer speaker cables sound WAY BETTER than the opposite--based on extensive head-to-head tests."

PG 29 "Twenty years of striving to make perfect-sounding recordings has taught me that WIRE IS A COMPONENT JUST AS CRITICAL AS SPEAKERS OR AMPS". and in another paragraph on the same page, "We've tested literally thousands of variations on wire alloy, shape, and insulation. THE RESULTING AUDIO CABLE DESIGNS ARE AN ESSENTIAL PART OF THE REMARKABLY LIFELIKE SOUND OF MAPLESHADE CDS" (emphasis added).

PG 33 "Just like speaker cables, the wires that hook your CD player to your amp (the interconnects) can make as much or more difference than your speakers."

PG 38 "Who would have thought three brass footers could TRANSFORM (emphasis added) the sound of each of your stereo components--your speakers, CD/DVD player, amp, receiver, turntable, power conditioner? I guarantee exactly that."

These are some of the factors that Mapleshade states attributes to make their recordings sound so remarkably lifelike. Of course no one has to agree, but I believe it's illogical to first praise a recording and then later berate the recording engineer, when he explains the methods he uses to achieve the recordings you find to be so incredibly good, because you don't believe the improvements/tweaks can be proven to work via DBTs!

Thetubeguy1954

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  The Cable Cooker  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.