Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Hellllooo Charles...

""On the one hand you are saying that Van den Hul should be written off because the effect he found was never found by "big equipment manufacturers like HP, Tektronix, IBM" blah, blah, blah.""CH

No, no, no.. I have asked why it is the big manufacturers have not used, nor concerned themselves with an effect that was found by VdH 20 years ago. On which should be affecting the measurement technology on the leading edge..

""And yet you expect us to believe a bunch of *your* techno-babble about Seebeck and Peltier, which I'm willing to bet was also never found by "big equipment manufacturers like HP, Tektronix, IBM".""CH

Actually, the King of Sweden gave medals to some guys for finding the effect I speak of..

And, the effect I speak of is in constant use by Omega instruments in their entire product line. You should peruse their catalogs (boy, have they got some) to see the extremes they go to in order to maintain accuracy of their product against bot peltier and seebeck.

And why are you deflecting the issue here? running interference?? As I've stated quite a few times here, I have only proposed the effects as a possible solution to the measurements being reported.

So, if your gonna post your opinion, tell the truth instead. The truth being (go ahead, review the posts):

I am proposing a strange combination of known effects to explain the distortion being measured...

I am discussing levels of possible effect with Peter.

I have stated Peter might find me incorrect, which I state again, is OK.

Peter at the moment feels the effect may be at the levels necessary, and I have questioned that feeling (even though it's supporting my hypothesis.)

And, I have said outright, the statements and theories of all supposed guru's, salesmen, scientists, engineers (included because I'm one) must be questioned, and gave some classic examples of higher level guys who, even thought they had Phd's, were wrong.

You, in your "buddy buddy" post, have neglected to mention the fact that I have invited technical discussion of my hypothesis. Hello!! I'm inviting criticism and discussion of my hypothesis!!! Are you there? Can you read this? That would appear to be an entirely new concept to you as well.

""Well, in my book there is a big difference between your theory and Van den Hul's.""CH

I totally agree..My theory is being tossed up here with the intent of discussing it, modifying it, learning it, it's level of interaction, if any. That includes tossing it out if it indeed fails to explain what it is being used for.

Curl, and apparently you also, are revering VdH's theory, placing it abov reproach.. While, at the same time, you come up with this gem:

""His has been corroborated by thousands of customers and dozens of reviewers.""CH

I note with interest that you did not say that the theory has been corroborated by anybody with a high level of technical background. So who has duplicated his result? You failed to provide that information..

""Your is apparently some off-the-cuff nonsense with no backing whatsoever, of any type""CH

That is the way all good theories start. And all bad theories..Course, peltier and seebeck theory is adequate backing, don't you think?

The difference you are missing is the step in the middle, where the theory is hashed out, re-worked, used to provide predictions, and then tests devised to confirm or deny those prediction.

That is how science progresses Charles..not the bellicose "Phd, 30 years, nonsense..

I've no ties to my hypothesis..it's either right or wrong. but I toss it up for all to discuss. That's the way it works.. Not some "pay no attention to the man behind that curtain".

""Furthermore, your attacks on Van den Hul are ridiculous. The fact that he sells cables does in no way nullify his findings""CH

AHA. So he sells cables, and has a vested interest in maintaining an edge over others, which he does so with his theory and results.

Where have you been, Charles??? As I posted to Jon Risch with respect to blue jeans cables and their tests..Yes, they indeed have a vested interest in the outcome of their tests, but that does not necessary nullify the validity of their results..AND I stated that Jon WAS ABSOLUTELY CORRECT in that the vested interests are to be concerned with.

So Charles, you call pointing out a conflict of interest w/r to VdH an attack here, while you allow the exact same thing Jon Risch stated about blue jeans cable to go right on by?? Talk about selective vision.

""That is akin to saying Edison's theory of the phonograph should be discarded because he sold them.""CH

Geeze, Charles....not only did he have a theory, he clearly demonstrated it and sold it..

Why not use a far more fitting example here Charles?? Try free energy. It's being hawked, sold, and yet it has never been duplicated by anybody anywhere..Like the gravity shield..But, investors are buying into it..

""If by some miracle it turns out that you have stumbled onto something valid with your thermo-electric effects, you *should* sell a cable based on those theories""CH

Hmmmm. not interested. And, quite impossible to patent, as posting it in the public domain makes that impossible..

So, I do not, and cannot have a vested interest in this theory of mine..I've only posted it as a possible mechanism for distortion.

""In the meantime, I find your "theory" to be a big yawn.""CH

You are also entitled to your opinion..

I find your unimaginative attempt at distorting the entire history of the thread to be a yawn..But, it was fun reading fiction..

You are also welcome to participate in a technical discussion of the theory if you wish..as is everbody. Even Curl, the one I first proposed the theory to, hoping for a technical discussion..

Cheers, John

PS.."you seem to have a definite opinion about John Curl""CH

No, I have an opinion about the content of his posts..I do not know him, nor will I accept the rather low opinions of him others have provided me..My opinion of him will be formed on his behaviour towards me.

""My opinion about you is that you are behaving abominably""CH

Again, your opinion...but you really should review all the posts before you glibly toss garbage up here.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Hellllooo Charles... - jneutron 03:45:13 08/26/03 (1)

You can not post to an archived thread.