Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion....

you seem to have a definite opinion about John Curl. My opinion about you is that you are behaving abominably.

I find your attitude offensive. You are talking out of both sides of your mouth, trying to have it both ways. On the one hand you are saying that Van den Hul should be written off because the effect he found was never found by "big equipment manufacturers like HP, Tektronix, IBM" blah, blah, blah. And yet you expect us to believe a bunch of *your* techno-babble about Seebeck and Peltier, which I'm willing to bet was also never found by "big equipment manufacturers like HP, Tektronix, IBM".

I think you are a big blowhard trying to impress people with your "knowledge" about the world of superconductors at (I guess) Brookhaven. Well, in my book there is a big difference between your theory and Van den Hul's. His has been corroborated by thousands of customers and dozens of reviewers. Your is apparently some off-the-cuff nonsense with no backing whatsoever, of any type. Who cares about that? Not me.

Furthermore, your attacks on Van den Hul are ridiculous. The fact that he sells cables does in no way nullify his findings. That is akin to saying Edison's theory of the phonograph should be discarded because he sold them. If by some miracle it turns out that you have stumbled onto something valid with your thermo-electric effects, you *should* sell a cable based on those theories. More power to you. In the meantime, I find your "theory" to be a big yawn.

Charles Hansen

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Everyone is entitled to their opinion.... - Charles Hansen 22:03:03 08/25/03 (3)

You can not post to an archived thread.