Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Hey, we're agreeing!

Ok, I agree with:

I don't believe all the "heard effects" are imaginary; I just see very little science applied to finding the root cause

I also see a lot of head-in-the-sand denial from many people here (not you).

I think it's great that you want uncover the real physical causes of these effects. I think your obvious expertise could be used more constructively to help further this understanding, rather than being used purely to prove that nobody else knows what they're doing.

Yeah, John C's not always the easiest person to talk to, and he certainly has a short fuse, but that doesn't invalidate what he's done. At least he's doing something.

There have been a large number of posts in which you push on John to get more details about his test set up. This is a joke to anyone who understands the test equipment involved, but looks impressive to some people here.

Given how simple the measurement is, it's clear that you are not seeking information so that you can duplicate the test (that would be real peer review), but so that you can show the rest of the board how smart you are by finding holes in his methodology. Oh, and you don't have to be right; you just have to sound right...

I described the test set up in another message. If you set up a similar environment, made some tests, and got different results from John's, THEN your critique of his set up might be useful in moving the science forward.

Until then, it's 100% hot air. You could contribute a lot more.

Peter

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Crux Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.