Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Much as your point is to say, "You're wrong,"......

you're actually reinforcing my point.

You've cited an example of an old guy working with old technology and getting good results, despite the fact that it's possible to achive the same thing using new technology and computer modeling.

In case you're confused, the small block V8 is ancient technology. Anyone working with a small block motor has the benefit of several decades of trial and error, which is in itself science (science does not require a computer). Read up on the LS1/LS6 engine if you're not already familiar with them. If you don't think designing those motors was way more sceince than art, you should be visiting a different type of asylum.

So, you've reinforced my point that regardless of technological advances, there will always be an element of art involved with audio engineering. It will always be possible to design and build top notch gear using old methods.

-Pete

PS - I didn't read the Popular Hot Rodding article, but what are the chances the cam Sherman decided to use was NOT designed on a computer? Probably slim....

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Michael Percy Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.