Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Hi John

""Let's say, for the sake of the argument that Peltier effects can cause distortion like I am measuring. Well, why do some cables have it, and other cables not have it?""JC

Hmmm...as I've said, it would be because of metal junctions in the current path. Plating junctions, connector junctions, dirty contact junctions(remember, your the one who said cleaning can affect it).

""Could it be that some cables are more 'distortion free' than others? That is what I am measuring.""JC

We wouldn't be having this discussion at all if I had simply discounted the possibility that some cables are more distortion free, as so many others have done...I am basing my discussion of Peltier/Seebeck effects on the possibility that what you are reporting is indeed happening.

You simply dissed me, attacked me and my motives, because you have gotten used to people attacking you and your results just because you are you, with your garbage attitude.

I came into the game late, so I don't know all the history of you..I do know that you have blindly sunk into a pattern of "if anybody questions you, then it is a personal attack", so you always see "commies" wherever you turn.

I choose to question the technical merits of what you are reporting..If you wish to discuss them, fine..I like that. If not, it's not my problem to deal with.

""Of course, there is the matter of Dr. Van den Hul, who measured this effect, first, about 20 years ago. He couldn't know something about it, could he?""JC

I wouldn't know...I've never heard the name "Van den Hul" in scientific circles, unlike Seebeck and Peltier....who is he? Has what he claimed to have measured been supported by other rigorous testing?? And, does he have a vested interest in the outcome of the tests??

And the worst question of all...did he use the same equipment you are now using? As I told Peter..it's useless to duplicate the exact same test using the exact same equipment using the exact same methodology if one takes into consideration the possibility that it is because of the equipment that the effect is being seen.

Why do some cables have it??? If you recall, I asked you if you had correlated the cable construction and materials and shield resistance with the results you obtained.. It was then that you attacked..so, to answer your question? I don't know, as I don't know what the cables you tested are made of..

It would appear you are getting close to actually discussing the technical stuff..I hope that is real.

Cheers, John

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.