Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

OH, and Charles.....

My example of cold fusion and free energy and gravity shields was introduced solely to show that a title, or an education, or experience in some instances, does not make what is said gospel.

It was provided with the intent of stating that all results, theories, hypothesis, pronouncements, should be questioned.

Not discarded, but questioned..

So do not erroneously assume that it was mentioned to categorize VdH's results as fraud or nonsense...but to question all..

That is how I view skin theory, grain boundary collisions, micro-diodes...that is also how I view my own hypotheses..with a questioning eye..

As to Edison...bad example..He provided a product, that of converting acoustic waves into physical modulation on a storage media..easily seen..easily tested, easily done in different ways, like flat disks. His technique fell into disfavor because each cylinder had to be recorded one at a time, and he had a hand in deciding what was to be recorded. At least the disks could be stamped. (imagine singing a tune a million times?)

VdH has measurements that have never been duplicated by the big boys, and after 20 years..never even considered as viable or valid..

I've not stated he is a fraud or charlatan..just that the big boys don't seem to even see the necessity.

It is possible his test was confounded by something the big boys have addressed, I wouldn't know..But, I would certainly question..

As for my theory being a big yawn? Most of this techno crap is a big yawn to the vast majority of the population. That's the downfall to being a geek..

Cheers, John

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • OH, and Charles..... - jneutron 04:55:27 08/26/03 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.