Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Re: Seebeck/peltier...

I am not going to put up with this crap, anymore.
Jneutron, if you have ANY possible evidence that the 'Seebeck Effect' could have ANYTHING to do with my measurements, then bring it out! This is a DC effect of thermoelectric power generation. How could it be otherwise?
You might as well ask me if I am still beating my wife. The fact that I am not married, or living with anyone, shouldn't deter you. These questions of yours, on my measurements, are about as likely.
Of course, I looked up any evidence of thermoelectric effects, but I did not find any that applied. For the record, I used thermocouples in measurement of temperature virtually every hour of every working day for almost year, when I worked as a tech at Underwriters Laboratories in 1962. I had 2 years of engineering/physics behind me, at that time. I have some idea of how they work, the dissimiliar materials used and the fact that it is a continuous offset, not a sporadic one. How is this going to generate harmonic distortion about 5KHz, when I have an 18/oct 400 Hz filter installed?
This unfounded criticism of yours is typical of why many audio designers distrust 'referees' associated with the AES. But that is another story.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.