Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

RE: Oops

"I'll vote for jrlaudio as the most knowledgeable poster on this forum."

His major point, which I believe is that audiophiles would be better off it they tried diligently to understand and quantify the phenomena underlying what they hear, is music to my ears.

However his grasp of science and engineering is so funky that I'd wager his involvement has always been at least a step removed from the actual work. Perhaps he's been involved at the administrative or financial levels.

That being said, I appreciate his participation and think he brings valuable insights and experiences to the table. Hopefully we all do. While I could go much further than Jon did WRT issues regarding his conclusions, that would not be appropriate for this environment which encourages open discussions and allows, nay encourages kicking things about without requiring any particular level of "proof" or supporting data.

I'm far more interested in lively discussions and feel that it's up to each participant to winnow out the wheat from the chaff for themselves. If they can. While there is the danger of folks being lead astray, so what? It's just a hobby! The upside is being motivated into learning more about things that you may have always regarded as a given and discovering ways, often very inexpensive ones, that you can alter them to significantly enhance your home audio experience. And to hopefully give you some insights into complex systems. In other words, the real world.

If there were lives or serious money at stake my arguments would be quite different, but this is all in fun.

Rick

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Oops - rick_m 08:23:07 11/28/12 (3)
    • RE: Oops - Goober58 07:11:17 12/05/12 (1)
      • RE: Oops - rick_m 08:30:21 12/06/12 (0)
    • RE: Oops - finski 16:23:18 11/28/12 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.