Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

RE: How should I know?

Nope measuring the preamp functions I list, plus signal path distortion, will reveal all sonic differences between preamps - audible or not.

Then quantify those criteria for the two preamps I mentioned. Data on both of them is easy to find. Best of luck to you!

Don't give me this competent engineer BS - engineers in hoards think audiophiles are full of BS!

The non-experiential theorists.

...but the i/o characteristics between components including the room between your speakers and ears all play a much bigger part?

As I suspected, you have no understanding of the concepts I delineated.

But if you got enough power, well integrated system (including room) and a dynamic mostly smooth full range frequency response you've got all that.

It is a shame you never got past the mediocre. We both share owning NAD components. I find them good sounding and great value for the money. Their sins are mostly of omission and fare much better than the hard, edgy sound of pro gear. On the other hand, they are not even close to the performance level available in audio. You will never be fooled that you are in a live environment listening to them.

You have no idea.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Crux Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.