Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Nice post. Thank you for your efforts. Glad to read someone with an objective view here.

I can 'see' your point. The other side has plenty of objections as I glance at the dozens of (not read by me yet) possts added to the op post.
The curious thing with the op post is allowing the expensive cables DO make a change.
Anyway, nice to read. Better than the usual drivel here too.
Now to start in on the responses.
Whoo hoo.
For my own stance: yeah cables and some tweaks can make a difference. My personal gripe is taking ordinary tweaks and making really expensive crap, adding in tons of bogus terminology to sell the overpriced stuff.
My 'posterboy' for 'overpriced' is Bybee. take an ordinary electrical bit, gussy it up and sell it for 4,000% profit to folks who think it is a great deal.
Not for me. (oh yeah, Bybee work, just way way way way overpriced.)

Anyway, I hope i am in some middle position between the warring parties.
Yeah measurements are nice, and true they do not explain everything, but then the other side making up rediculous and bogus crapoloa explainations is no damn good either. And does all of use no good.
Geoff is #1 guilty party who hangs here.., along with those infamous Belts.. Peter Belt and May Belt.
Some of the stuff is fun, some is just hilarious. So i can say it is interesting both ways..
The crazies who swear we know all and it acan all be boiled down to measurements, and the ones with quantum whatever up their aholes..
Both funny crazy, and that is where I stand.. somewhere in the middle ground.

Edits: 11/13/12

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.