Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

RE: How should I know?

"Thank you for illustrating my point. Apparently, you only have blind faith in the notion that all audible differences can be measured."

Nope measuring the preamp functions I list, plus signal path distortion, will reveal all sonic differences between preamps - audible or not.

There's no blind faith here.

You can, but it's gonna mess you up, jumping from discussing component performance and system integration the way that you are doing here.

"Ask any competent engineer and you'll find out there are no magical graphs or metrics that full quantify the performance of any audio component."

Wishful thinking on your part - if there's any group more skeptical of audiophiles than audiophile wives it is engineers. Don't give me this competent engineer BS - engineers in hoards think audiophiles are full of BS!

And further good equipment designers measure and quantify a components performance based on the characteristics of performance that represents their values.

"
Resolution
Dynamic punch
Soundstaging
Frequency extension
"

What the F - this is all integration stuff - yea your preamp will have an effect but the i/o characteristics between components including the room between your speakers and ears all play a much bigger part?

But if you got enough power, well integrated system (including room) and a dynamic mostly smooth full range frequency response you've got all that.

I know it's tough but our perception of resolution, soundstaging, frequency response and dynamic has as much or more to do with how well integrated a system is, between components (io characteristics) and with our room than it does with the quality of the gear.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Crux Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.