Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

RE: One of the problems with ezines...

I wasn't attacking you or Stereophile just making a point that whether it is ONE person or TWO - which is the debate in this thread makes very little difference.

Even the link you posted - I agree that having a good magazine increases readership which increases who will want to advertise.

But it still comes down to ethics - One guy can be ethical and run the entire show ethically - just as easily as it could be for two guys to be unethical in tandem but put on the "perception" of being ethical.

Plenty of people at Ford got together to cover up hide or ignore the fact that they would rather let people die from rear end explosions and pay court costs - that wasn't one bad guy - that was a bunch of bad guys.

Studying several of the biggest most respected Newspapers in the U.S. as part of my history degree and their so-called News reports during WWII were laughable - it took more than one person to put out some of those lies. And Fox News is allowed to be called News.

So it's not my world view - it's THE world we live in. Money talks.

Obviously long term survival is more important than immediate profit - but long term survival is still about money since it's money for longer. Japanese business model worked better because they looked at 40 years down the road not just the next quarter.

Again I am not saying or implying - if I did I apologize - that you were doing anything wrong or that Stereophile was only interested in the dollar - my point was merely that simply by virtue of having more than one guy at the helm is not automatic proof that it has walls to ensure honesty and ethics.

I'd rather assume they're honest and are genuinely into this for the right reasons until such time as they are proven guilty.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: One of the problems with ezines... - RGA 06:15:52 02/25/12 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.