Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

RE: One of the problems with ezines...

Back to Analog Scott's point-of-view:

I see NOTHING wrong in Tone's approach to returning a poor performing product. Why should any reviewer waste 2-3 months with something that totally sucks. Then, spend time writing about how bad it is. With the plethora of review websites and forums, it's pretty hard not find opinions on any piece of gear produced. Personally, the fact that Tone walked away from advertising $$ instead of doing a short vague review shows me a high level of integrity.

JA's comments are telling:
"But we do try not to select products for review that from our experience at shows etc are going to be dogs."

I enjoy Tone tremendously and find it without peer as a digital-based publication. Visually, it spectacular to look at, easy on the eyes for reading unlike Stereophile's e-version which is brutal (sorry JA). The photography is top notch and the fact that the publisher is a music fan first and puts emphasis on live shows and album reviews. Equipment reviews sans measurements are just as valuable as anything TAS or Stereophile (I subscribe to all three) offers and without some of the pretentiousness that can be found elsewhere.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.