Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

RE: Print-zines, E-zines, size, policies, etc.

I would state it as they should keep that in mind, but also form their opinions on what is said as well as what's is actually happening.

For instance, many people don't know that we could have turned to print numerous times over the 16 years we've been in business. I've always refused it not because I don't think a print publication can work, as I've said, but that the core work is on the Web.

I think it would also be safe to say that in all these years Stereophile has been reducing its page count (substantially compared to 10 or more years ago) and putting a lot more effort to their Web presence. Is it safe to say this trend will continue?

Obviously, behind the scenes there are things happening with both of our businesses that aren't being disclosed. So they can't make up their minds solely about that.

Still, I think that we're far beyond the "new Internet thingee" days and wondering if it will catch on. Remember, in the '90s and even up to several years ago there were people who thought like that. People are smarter than that now and they know that the Internet isn't just a thing for the desktop, but there are iPads, smartphones, etc. Look at Tone -- it's set up like a print magazine, but not printed.

So while people can keep our biases in mind, I think it's more important to look at WHAT is being said and, also, to look clearly at what is happening.

Doug Schneider

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.