Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

RE: One of the problems with ezines...

I see what you're saying but on the flip side - review dollars to run a website is far far lower than review dollars need to keep a print magazine afloat. Indeed, I have a personal blog - zero advertising and it is completely free to operate.

I could certain accept advertising to make some money on it but I certainly would not need to in order for the blog to survive. Print magazines losing a major advertiser and not being able to replace it might find themselves in a spot of trouble.

So they have to push the notion of a Brick wall between advertising and their review staff because they arguably have a bigger issue because they NEED the advertising for their very survival.

I can't address what might happen if I hated something what our magazine would do about that as it hasn't happened to me yet. But I will ask about this just in case because I agree with you - we can't ignore or try to hide something if it turns out bad.

The only thing I could see from our magazine was the following where the reviewer liked a CD player but later found issues with it and then made an addendum to the review as follows.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: One of the problems with ezines... - RGA 19:14:48 02/23/12 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.