Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

My POV

>> I'm curious what your POV is.<<

Of course I have to keep in mind the possibility that they would present the "facts" differently, but as you present them I'm mostly on your side.

As far as I know, it has never been proven to the world that IC's (Interconnects, not Intelligent Chips) DO affect the sound. That is, as far as I know, no one has ever passed a thoroughly documented, witnessed, rigorous double-blind test. I might be wrong about this; I admit I don't know the history of these things as well as I should.

But assuming I'm right about this, what I conclude isn't that this lack of proof is somehow proof of lack (of an effect)...but, rather, that a totally rigorous test would 1. be hugely important, and 2. something to work up to.

So let's start with something less ambitious--a reasonable, if not perfect, blind test. The kind of test you've described seems fine to me--not perfect, not irrefutable proof, but it's damned convincing evidence anyway. A hell of a start. Have you done this test before, on your own? With a friend, or spouse? How did it go?

I'd come help you out, but I'm on the other end of the east coast. I grew up not far from there, for what it's worth, in Ft. Pierce. I never get down there anymore, however, unfortunately.

What's next? After you've passed the non-rigorous (but still convincing) test...There's a very good chance that ABX box IS transparent. Maybe you could get comfortable with it. And then, later, you could do the truly rigorous test.

Best,
Jim

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.