Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

The truth of the matter...

...is that the whole thing became increasingly convoluted and acrimonious as time progressed.

The summary thread you refer to is actually Kramer's own private little playground. He, and he alone, comes up with this 'summary' view. What you see there is what Kramer wants you to see. He doesn't leave a lot out, but what he does is certainly crafty.

"The reason I continued reading was that your behaviour was a bit different to that I had seen before of a few audiophiles preparing in public for a controlled listening test of cables and then backing out."

Is there an inference here that I somehow backed out of being tested? If it is I'd like to see you try and support the notion.

"Your answer to my question has only confirmed my view of what was probably going on based on the threads."

This point is worthy of further elaboration on your part.

"Some aspects of Kramer's performance probably deserve criticism but set against the overall process this is again a detail. Most of the apparent issues occurred towards the end when the prospect of a test occurring was effectively over."

Kramer's performance is the chief detail as to why this testing never came to fruition. He took great pains to make it look like something else, including the use of outright lies. What does that tell YOU about the guy? What does that tell YOU about the 'negotiation' process? What does that tell YOU about the integrity of the JREF Challenge?

"If you want to lay this to rest after all this time my guess is that you will need to get somebody you really trust like a member of your family to explain to you how and why you were at fault during the first half of the process. Even though I suspect you cannot see it yourself others can."

First half, last half...I don't claim perfection, but I assure you, between JREF and myself, I was the only party honestly working toward seeing a test come into being. Why you, and others like you, can not see that is the real issue here. Kramer's betrayal of his fellow sceptics pains me more than his treatment of myself because I know the truth. As yet, you guys don't. The aggravating thing for me is it's like you guys don't want the truth. And seriously more aggravating yet, it seems that Kramer was banking on just that. It's downright disgusting IME.

As always, specifics available upon request.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.