Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Re: Still waiting...

Wow, Jim. I have just seen your reply to someone calling themselves Posy Rorer.

For anyone who knows me, it is absolutely hilarious that I should 'dig someone up to fight my battles for me' !! Too right Jim. I can fight my own battles. As for saving face for me - unbelievable !! As for suggesting that I asked someone to defend me - unbelievable !!
It looks to me as though the person calling themselves Posy Rorer might be someone who has a grasp - an understanding of what goes on in nature.

There IS a mechanism Jim. Acting on the 'sound' information travelling through the hearing mechanism - and that is 'stress chemicals' !! Stress chemicals caused by us (human beings) not being able to 'sign off' the environment as 'safe'.

In a quick attempt to bring in some of the anomalies I have just promised you I will use an example of something you, yourself, use.
I understand that you use Real Traps and Mondo Traps sound absorbers. Presumably you use them and believe they work from an acoustic point of view ?
Now, leave these sound absorbers in exactly the same (acoustic) position they are in. With exactly the same type of material but change the COLOUR of the material. Then listen. Each time you change the colour of the material, the sound will change !!! Explain that anomaly. Exactly the same acoustics in the room but different sounds !! If any acoustic measurements had been taken in the room, then any measurements taken using the different colours would be exactly the same, there would be no changes in the acoustic measurements - only changes in the sound. Explain that from within acoustic theory.

Ditto with the Furutech Room Diffusers, used by Wes Phillips.

Or, let us look at the Ayre Myrtle Blocks placed under equipment which John Atkinson uses, where John acknowledges that they 'improve the sound' and where John says ""Don't ask me why they have an effect". Presumably they are expected to be (somehow or other) dealing with vibrations - and having an effect on the signal going through the equipment.
Try moving these Ayre Myrtle Blocks from underneath the item of equipment being played and placing them under an identical piece of equipment but which is just sitting, passively, on a shelf - NOT connected to the power supply and NOT connected to the audio system - just sitting there passively. The 'improvement in the sound' will STILL be there !! Explain that anomaly from within electronic theory.

Similarly with the Shakti Stone which such as Barry Willis and Wes Phillips use. As I understand it, the makers of the Shakti Stone claim that there is an adverse energy pattern generated by a piece of equipment which, somehow or other, doubles back on itself to interfere with the actual audio signal going through that equipment. That the circuit inside the Shakti Stone, when placed on top of that equipment, is activated by this external (surrounding) energy and then, in turn, neutralises that adverse energy pattern, stopping it interfering with the audio signal, so giving an improvement in the sound.
Now, take the Shakti Stone off the piece of equipment being played and place it on an identical piece of equipment sitting passively on a shelf - NOT connected to the power supply and NOT connected to the audio system - just sitting passively on a shelf. The same improvement in the sound will still be there!! Explain that anomaly from within electronic theory !!
How many more examples do you want Jim, I have 25 years of accumulated ones !! That is why I "know my onions", that is why I can recognise other people's experiences when they describe them and that is why I can recognise when other people have NOT had those same experiences.
Regards,
May Belt.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.