Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Tommy sorry to hear your AR's won't drive you Maggies, I also have hard to drive speakers.

My Infinity Reference Kappa 7's are 4 ohm speakers but the impedance drips down to 1 ohm. So I had to find a power amp in my budget that could handle a 1 ohm load and that did limit my choices. So I do understand about hard to drive speakers and it is possible that your Conrad Johnson gear does reproduce ultrasonics it's just after spending a whole hour searching I gave up. The specs in your manual may give a wider frequency range with a wider +/- range, this is just something I do not know. I even scanned a few reviews and couldn't find anything on ultrasonics. Your AR gear is very wide range and it is a shame it won't drive your Maggies.

I agree one of the problems of the SACD format is it being limited to new Classical recordings, while great for me it is not great for most people as Classical music lovers are a very small minority. This is something I am actively trying to change and showing companies why it is to their benefit to release only SACD/CD hybrids and why it is worth the extra pressing costs.

I have read posts in the Computer Audio Asylum from posters recording LPs using DSD and others using 24/96 PCM and it seems from what I have read DSD does get the best results.

I am glad you are enjoying your new SACD player!

Give me high resolution or remain silent,
Teresa

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Tommy sorry to hear your AR's won't drive you Maggies, I also have hard to drive speakers. - Teresa 06:12:17 03/22/09 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.