Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

I have known of and realized the benefit of ultrasonic frequencies for over 25 years.

They are not as hard to detect as you pretend they are and they make a big difference in the liveliness and realism of music especially in the "feeling" of being in the presence of real live musicians. After going to a full range system up to 45kHz, I would never go back to one limited to only 20kHz. In fact Allen Wright has nearly convinced me to upgrade my system to a full 100kHz which would include removing the 50kHz filter from my SACD player and adding 100kHz super tweeters to my speakers.

"Teresa, and until you hear a SACD player with the FULL potential bandwidth of 100kHz, I say you haven't even heard SACD yet!

Regards, Allen (Vacuum State)"

I think ultrasonics is the "something missing" I always notice when listening to CDs, that is the ones that are not unpleasant to hear. That is the other reason I never took to CDs as LPs have frequency response up to 35kHz from tape and up to 50kHz if recorded Direct to Disc. I used to have the Alpha Genesis 1000II Moving Coil Cartridge whose frequency response was 10-75kHz +/- 1dB, so SACD was not the first ultrasonic format I've owned. Indeed even before SACDs there was 24/96 DVD DADs from Chesky, Classic Records and a few others. Even those show how poor CD is by comparison.

Why you still worship the frequency response and resolution limited CD format is just one of many enigma's that I can't comprehend.

Give me high resolution or remain silent,
Teresa

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • I have known of and realized the benefit of ultrasonic frequencies for over 25 years. - Teresa 04:23:35 03/24/09 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.