Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

RE: It really doesn' matter if Rock and Pop record in DSD...

"You can't go back and re-record all the wonderful music that has been created over the years. I'm not a fan of most contemporary performers, so the point is moot. I'm a music lover first and an audiophile second. I simply want to hear recordings that I love in the best possible sound."

but you can go back and transfer all original master tapes into high resolution DSD, actually Sony already did that, they transferred many master tapes into DSD but they are not yet released as SACDs.

It's a pure comedy in 2009 to transfer master tape (which has musical information up to 50kHz) into ultra low resolution 16-bit/44,1kHz format.

wake up people - today even blu-ray video concerts are recorded in 24bit/48kHz resolution! ultra low resolution 16-bit/44,1kHz CD is a digital standard from 1980 :(

It's high time we finally got all original master tapes transferred into DSD, and it's especially needed today, as we all happily see drastically dropping CD sales and the CD format is dying, it's most natural thing to see a high definition successor of old compact disc...

--
pro-CD trolls bark, but the hi-rez SACD caravan goes on...

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Michael Percy Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.