Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Some further thoughts

"I do have a simple question for you. If the need to have equipment that can reproduce the upper frequency response of SACD is the only way to truely appreciate its benefit then why do 15 and 30ips master tapes sound so much better than any SACD? To my limited knowledge there are no tape desks that even come close to your requirements."

Tommy I have heard 15 IPS master tape copies in Stereo and Quad. Back in the 1970's a speaker manufacturer "Orchestral Sound" in my home town of Tulsa had 4 Track 15 IPS copies of many of Vox master tapes, including the ones released by MFSL on SACD. And I also got to hear the 2 Track 15 IPS master tapes of the Merlin Fidelity + Direct to Stereo recordings my company "Aesthetic Audio" released on audiophile cassettes. At 15 IPS frequency response extends to beyond 35kH which means a lot of ultrasonics are reproduced. Stereophile has measured SACD and DVD-Audios from analog master tapes and they have a lot of ultrasonic detail up to 40kHz.

In my humble opinion many DSD recorded SACDs are better overall than the master tapes I've mentioned by 2 Track 15 IPS analog Reel to Reel does indeed sound superb.

I also mentioned in previous post SACDs are superior in the audible range as well not only the critical midrange where voices sound "shockingly real" and the bass which has nearly all the warmth and impact of live music. That is why I feel SACD be at every price range including entry level boomboxes and mini systems.

By the way I still champion Vinyl and Analog tape and have even written a book on the subject which is available here in PDF from or from Amazon as a Kindle book, see link below.

My defense of SACD, 24/96 DVD, 24/96 downloads, LPs or analog tape is not absurd!

I would love to hear your new SACD player with your AR electronics and Maggies speakers if you could find a way to make them work together.

Give me high resolution or remain silent,
Teresa

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Some further thoughts - Teresa 15:02:11 03/24/09 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.