Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

RE: How many of those 4 SACDs were DSD recorded using excellent full range microphones in a REAL acoustical sp

This appears to get to be a smaller and smaller target. It seems that you need not just a SACD player (from your comment Allen not all have the full 100kHz bandwidth?) and an SACD, you need the right SACD (how do you work out which one that is when ordering), you need to basically enjoy classical (I hate to point this out, but that is a fairly small subset of all music buyers), then you need one of the rare speakers that have output up to God knows what kHz. Can you see why this failed spectacularly to capture the public imagination?

I'm not anti SACD, I just believe it's a very limited resource for a limited number of people. I'm hopeful that hi-res downloads can offer audiophiles an opportunity to get top level playback in a hopefully wider range of music in the future. Until then, I'll continue to be happy buying the music I love on RBCD primarily and the odd SACD for novelty value.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.