Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

How many of those 4 SACDs were DSD recorded using excellent full range microphones in a REAL acoustical space?

Most people will not get the hear the full capabilities of the SACD format unless they love classical music. When Pop and Rock performers start making REAL recordings using DSD with no monkey business, no phony add-on sound killing enhancements including artificial reverb, just real honest to god recordings in a real concert space. When that happens then and only then will non-classical lovers discover the gigantic difference between low resolution CD and high resolution SACD.

SACD gives the capability of an extremely realistic musical presentation that is the closest digital has gotten to real live acoustic music. But it cannot work miracles, if the master tape is crap, then crap is what you get. Rock and Pop performers need to clean up their acts and start recording with high resolution in mind!

BTW most of the early adapters back when SACD was a 2 channel stereo format adopted SACD precisely because they hated the anti-sound of low resolution CD.

From Sony's first SACD brochure: "SACD is the realization of an audiophile’s dream come true: all the precision of digital reproduction combined with all the warmth and ambiance of analog sound. The secret is Direct Stream Digital™ encoding. It’s one bit, 2.8224 MHz (64 fs) sampling produces nothing less than a quantum leap in music resolution."

Truer words were never spoken! ANYONE who derives pleasure from RBCD has NOT truly heard what DSD recorded SACD is capable of! And how great the divide between CD and SACD is. Personally I am not defensive about formats? I like most of them: SACD, 24/96 DVDs, 24/96 downloads. Reel to Reel and LPs but I have never considered RBCD as a real format but an stopgap measure until the powers that be could get Digital right.

The main thing you do not understand is SACD but it's very nature of sounding more like analog than digital attracts lots of listeners who hate CDs and 44.1kHz digital.

Give me high resolution or remain silent,
Teresa

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.