Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Good sound and high resolution are not necessarily the same thing.

Low resolution can be make to sound quite good, a good example is a low resolution pre-recorded cassette on a properly adjusted Nakamichi cassette deck. It can sound great but it is not high resolution.

A perfect example of poor sounding high resolution is the absolutely terrible sounding Pioneer DV-578 SACD player. It is possible you might enjoy CD playback on a megabuck CD player more than SACD playback on this poor sounding unit, but even this lowly Pioneer SACD player has more resolution than any CD player, it just it's resolution doesn't sound good.

CD cannot do high resolution and so far I have not heard great sound from CD either, but if you are happy that is fine with me.

But please forgive us for actually wanting both high resolution and great sound. And that my friend is why MC-SACDs is pointing out the technical inadequacies of the low resolution CD format. I really hope this helps you understand the differences?

Give me high resolution or remain silent,
Teresa

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Good sound and high resolution are not necessarily the same thing. - Teresa 20:40:19 03/20/09 (1)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.