Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

RE: My dear kekel from teh parallell universe.

To expect a record company to spend even 10 cents extra per unit to produce a DSD master and then make a hybrid disc in a time where physical disc sales an profits are dropping quickly is a very big ask as it will not get them a financially significant increase in sales. Company's that are currently producing SACD's, realising there are going to be low sales and so are recouping their costs through higher prices are also getting panned here. I honestly believe that there are not enough people interested in SACD's, DVD-A's etc to warrant any expenditure at this juncture. Rather investment should be going into hi-res downloads as that is the inevitable direction that music delivery is headed. Physical media is unfortunately old technology that has little or no appeal to a large percentage of music buyers, and that's all music buyers, not just the pimple on the bottom of that group that is the SACD crowd.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.