Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

RE: If upsampled is fake, then original is at least half-faked

Tony, you should know better than to come on this forum and try to talk moderately - the voice of reason is soon drowned out.

Teresa, Hiro or MC-SACD will patronise you and basically tell you how to suck eggs, when I've no doubt you have more experience with higher rez formats than all three combined.

All I'll add of my own is a very simple analogy because I'm a very simple person.

If we view a landscape through a pane of clear glass, we know that the glass is adding distortion and that we are losing resolution of the landscape, even though out brains are extremely good at seeing past the distortions and loss of resolution.

Now add a second pane of glass and unbdeniably we have doubled the distortion and doubled the loss of resolution, yet I doubt anyone will subjectively notice this loss if both panes of glass a squeaky clean.

Of course, it would be easy to criticise anyone who did not notice the difference subjectively. They could be lambasted for not realising that one pane meant half the distortion, twice the resolution and the facts would back them up.
If they still did not admit that they could see the difference, the quality of the glass would be brought into question, the viewer's sight would be questioned and if they still insisted that two panes of glass provided ample resolution and insignificant distortion they could be regarded as 'one panel Trolls' and requested to stop giving their opinions in the face of such overwhelming proof!

Best Regards,
Chris redmond.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.