Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Posey. Your experiments are not repeatable.

Posey:

Thanks for all of the creative writing, but I don't see any substantial rebuttle worth my time, so I'm not reading all of it.

The type of experiments that have been cited with respect to the "freeze effects" are not repeatable because no procedure has been defined or made available. Nobody has ANY idea of what you consider to be important control variables. Even the dependent variables are not defined. As for the one fellow that had "improved step response" after looking at waveforms... Again, this persons "test results" are useless if the procedure for his test is not provided. How can I repeat the experiment and validate any results? I can't see the results, and I don't have the procedure for the experiment. How did he capture these waveforms? This rhetoric is of no value - it's a bunch of pseudo-scientific heresay.

How on earth is it of ANY value to compare subjective appraisals done with uncontrolled experiments with absolutely NO consistency? If you claim that temperature changes the physical properties of things (and we know it does - it's called contraction and expansion), that's fine. But there are certain things that become important.

We AT LEAST need to know the temperature of the freezer, the duration of the freezing process, the duration of the "warm up period", and the final temperature the object is at when it is put into use.

So step up Posey. How long does it take to freeze a CD? Are the effects you are claiming to be able to impart with freezing dependent on the temperature of the freezer, the duration of the freeze, or both?

You speak of advancing audio. Here is your chance. Big words. Very small evidence of any "advancements" here. Step up or step down. You choose. Until you define the procedure for your experiment and what theories are to be tested and how, there simply IS no experiment that anyone is obligated to try or even acknowlege the significance of.

Then again, some people consider kissing the same sex in college to be "experimentation"...

But that's not the definition used here in PHP.

Cheers,
Presto

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Posey. Your experiments are not repeatable. - Presto 15:07:51 04/11/07 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.