Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Re: Since no one has come out to say they disbelieve the Freeze Effect-does that mean it's accepted by everyone here?

morricab wrote:

>>I suspected you meant normal freezing and not cryogenics but it is better to err on the side of caution. <<

Brilliant. Did you surmise that all by yourself from the fact that I wrote, in the message you are responding to: "Just to make it clear for everyone, when I ask if you don't believe in the freeze effect, I am referring to improving sound by placing things in a domestic FREEZER"?

>>You can prove to me that it is a real and repeatable effect? <<

No son, you're seriously confused. YOU are the one who said "the photo (in the freezer) is not a real and repeatable effect". Ergo, the onus is on YOU to prove to me that it is not a real and repeatable effect. Keep in mind that I saw David Copperfield once try to turn Lake Erie into blood. And he failed. Repeatedly.

>>In that case then I would say you are simply wrong. Materials behave very differently at cryogenic temperatures than they do at normal merely "cold" temperatures, which to materials such as metals that are already frozen are not that cold at all. At cryogenic temperatures there are fundamental changes to the structure in metals that end up being permanent. Cryogenics is defined by NIST to start at -180°C.<<

Save your strawman for someone else. You must be the 10th guy here now trying to argue with me that cryo is different temps than a domestic freezer, WHEN I NEVER SAID OTHERWISE!!!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.