Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

But Stu...

Unclestu52:

Yes, you're right I could. But how is that going to enable me to have a technical or scientific discussion here on PHP afterwards? I will be no better equipped to hold such a discussion than before doing the "experiment" (and I use that term loosely).

I tried it. I heard nothing.
I tried it. I heard something.

Who cares?

All I am saying is that trial and error tweaks substantiated with nothing more than listening test in an uncontrolled test environment cannot form the basis for a scientific or technical discussion. I can talk about how I felt about the test. Or whether or not I believe the tweak works, or the test was valid. But that's as far as it can go. And that's all I am trying to convey here.

Here are some questions I would like to know:

What temperature should my freezer be at?
How long should I keep the CD in there?
Should I time how long it takes for the CD to return to room temperature?
What if condensation should form on the CD's surface, but then evaporate later? Should I clean the CD?

Where are the controls in this experiment Stu? This is non-science if there are no controls. Have you people actually ever participated in a real scientific experiment or study? I am thinking... no.

Perhaps it's time we all gave the "science experiment" and "scientific process" wikis a once over, yes?

Cheers,
Presto

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • But Stu... - Presto 11:10:11 04/11/07 (1)

You can not post to an archived thread.