Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Why is the onus on us to disprove it for you?

>>>I'm curious to know how many here simply don't believe it, and if it's yet another idea that Prop Headers would rip to shreds, arguing "it cant posssibly work because".

My inclination to disbelieve that it works is not unjustified since nobody suggesting this tweak will ever provide any technical or scientific reasoning as to why it would make ANY difference whatsoever, and why that difference is sure to be an improvement. Is it being said that a consumer freezer is capable of bringing items down to the same temperatures as a cryogenic chamber? Likely not.

So, if metal is in a solid state when at room temperature, at what temperature do you consider it to be "frozen"? If a vacuum tube is 100 degrees celcius when operational, would it not be considered "relatively frozen" when at room temperature and just "more frozen" in a freezer? Yes, poeople can die in freezers, and meat lasts longer, but what happens to electronic components? And if something happens, why is it "better"? Just what "change" does freezing components in a domestic freezer actually impart? How is the "not previously frozen" part now inferior? Is the change temporary? Or indefinate? Because that is what we discuss here at PHP. We discuss what it does. Not whether or not someone has tried it, or how someone "feels" about it. We talk about the science and technology behind the claim.

Are you up for that? If so, perhaps you could tell us how YOU think it works. We don't need to try everything to compare things to known principles or discuss theories do we? Do we need to drop every object on the planet from a building to be "certain" that acceleration due to gravity is 9.8m/s^2? Of course we don't.

But to be completely honest? I think this post is not in the interest of learning or exchanging ideas, but an attempt to get a specific reaction to prove some sort of "sociological" point about those who typically post here.

If you truly want to discuss the possibility that domestic freezing of some components can have ANY kind of effect, why not start with a thesis statement, or some sort of statement that defines for us WHY you think this is possible. If you said "I think domestic freezing has effects similar to cryogenic treatment because although not as extreme, the mechanism is very similar (reducing the temperature of an item for a finite length of time and allowing it to slowly return to room temperature)." We could talk about that then. But running away and hiding after saying "I know it works because I tried it and you're just a moron because you won't try it too" DOES NOT WASH HERE.

"Proof is in the pudding" does not wash here. We don't design power systems and bridges and human life safety systems with "proof in the pudding" techniques. We use math, technology and hard science. Although things are testing before use, they are DESIGNED FIRST and TESTED LATER. We're not making pudding. We're trying to understand what things will AFFECT sound and of those, which do so in a positive manner.

You can't rip "Proof is in the pudding" to shreads. There is nothing there to rip up.

Cheers,
Presto

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.