Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

RE: "worth the money"

"It's funny you always trot out this one unsatisfying experience to dismiss a really excellent brand of speaker"

You asked me if I heard Odeon speakers - this is the speaker I heard. It is a speaker they felt were really good if they were willing to send it to Stereophile.

The reviewer said it was bad. The measurements were bad. I heard it and they were bad.

Are they great now? According to you, they are. And maybe they are and maybe I will absolutely love the new ones. I am perfectly willing to audition products multiple times or multiple products. I have had reversed opinions on speakers I hated and then liked later.

Step back - put your anger away for just a minute and put yourself in my shoes. You yourself admit this La Triviata was a bad speaker correct? (If I am correct and you also think it was a bad speaker or a "mistake" then we agree do we not? We both agree that that particular speaker was poor. Yippee Brad and Richard agree!

Now, remember - this is the ONLY speaker Richard has heard from Odeon.

So if you were me and you heard a speaker that stunk - the measurements stunk and Stereophile who also hated it then you would be in my shoes and you would not have much motivation to listen to another one. Be honest - you would not.

Again just for a moment try to put yourself in my shoes here. You seem to be getting angry at me for my experience level with Odeon that somehow being from Vancouver Island and living in Hong Kong where no dealers exist that I should be wholly well-versed in their product line and have auditioned them many times. Be reasonable Brad. There are only 8 dealers in the world - hell there are at least four places that I have been to in Hong Kong alone that sell Audio Note. There may be more as I have not been to them all. On top of that, the dealers will put people in touch with customers who own the products so I can go to their homes and audition them! Ditto back on Vancouver island as customers owned higher-end AN gear than the dealer carried.

What I am saying is I can't audition stuff that isn't available to me to be able to audition. I feel you are angry at me for not being next to one of the 8 dealers?

What do you expect me to do - I have said on this forum several times that speakers I ranked near dead last at one audio show - at the next I attended I ranked them 1 and 2 best. I am always willing to listen to speakers or brands that in the past I did not care for. I always try and listen to Magnepan and Quad and just 3 days ago I auditioned for Reference 3a.

But the stuff has to be here - what can I do?

Edits: 09/11/21

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.