Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

RE: "worth the money"

Just to note I didn't judge the brand I judged the one speaker I auditioned.

I am surprised though that after 30 years they only have 8 dealers total worldwide. It makes it a bit tough to try another one.

The more speakers a company sells the more often there will be "some guy" who sold them to buy something else. I have those stories too.

Jack Roberts on our staff sold the AN E for Teresonic Ingeniums - I auditioned them - they were very nice and a single driver has certain strengths that better the AN E - but it also has drawbacks. In other words Jack decided the Ingenium was better sounding - I did not agree with his assessment so no I would not have traded the AN E in for the Teresonic. Art Dudley traded the AN E for the DeVore 0/96 - again I have heard the DeVore and I would not have done that either. Albeit it is an easier speaker to drive. The Acappela I would trade for but it's moot since the room demands are totally different - Acapella doesn't work in rooms designed for AN E and vice versa.

As an aside - my initial post in this thread was meant to be about system synergy that some people didn't like an 805 amp and some did and I was saying that it could be down to the speaker used. The guy who loved the 805 Wavac loved it because he loved the speakers and the guy who hated it heard it on some other speakers that may not have been his cup of tea.

Edits: 09/14/21

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: "worth the money" - RGA 16:02:23 09/14/21 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.