HTTP/1.0 200 OK Content-type: text/html

Can't connect to database, trying again.... RE: Transmitter Tube SET. What Are Your Overall Experiences? - alfagil - SET Asylum

Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

RE: Transmitter Tube SET. What Are Your Overall Experiences?

I have owned a pair of Tubeguru GM70 monoblocks for over a year now. Each amp has two GM70 output tubes and puts out about 45 watts.

I'm using them to drive modified Altec 604e speakers and they do a great job. Overall I feel that the sound is full bodied and that the midrange is all there in a way that I had not heard before with my other amps which was a pair of MFA M120D (modified by Scott Frankland). I also tried a Shindo el84 based amp but they did not pair well. I'd characterize the sound as thin so I sold the Shindo.

I've never tried 300b amps in the Altec because I wanted to use only amps with more power. I have two Don Allen amps, one with 2A3 and the other with 45 tubes but the Altecs still did not sound as good as they should. So in my own experience the GM70 amps work extremely well with my Altecs.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Transmitter Tube SET. What Are Your Overall Experiences? - alfagil 08:04:15 10/24/21 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.