Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

RE: "worth the money"

The model you mention was a short lived thing 15 years ago and not one of their mainline speakers. I am very familiar with Acapella and have nearly bought one of their speakers a number of times (just auditioned a pair of La Campanellas a couple months ago). They have serious potential BUT Odeons sound more alive and need less power to sing. Two of my friends switched to Odeon after hearing my speakers and a couple more switched after hearing my friend's rather ambitious system that has fully upgraded top model Odeon 38.X (I say X because his are upgraded to the latest Carnegie drivers and crossover).

It's funny you always trot out this one unsatisfying experience to dismiss a really excellent brand of speaker but I am supposed to not judge AN-Es despite more than a dozen blah experiences? A friend of mine bought Es and sold them within 2 months from that same dealer I know. When you have heard dozens of Odeon demos and they are all blah and o you then I will say "gotta keep trying...they will grow on you" like you do about Es. I was hooked on Odeons from the first notes when I first heard them in 2004. A non-Audiophile friend went with me to a show because it also had home theater. He seems as kind of bored until we went into the Odeon/Einstein room. Then he said "Hey that sounds GOOD"! I said "YEAH" and we spent the rest of the afternoon there. When it's right it doesn't need to "grow" on you...

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  The Cable Cooker  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.